This guide will walk you through setting up QuickBooks to integrate with Labor Sync using the QuickBooks Web Connector Application. This application may need to be installed separately from your existing QuickBooks installation.
- Back up your QuickBooks data file.
- If you have not done so already, make sure QuickBooks Integration is enabled for your account.
- Download and install the QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Open both QuickBooks and the QuickBooks Web Connector.
- From the Reports page, click on Export to QuickBooks near the reports options.
- Click on the Download Web Connector File button to start the download.
- Open the downloaded Web Connector (.qwc) file using the QuickBooks Web Connector.
- QuickBooks will ask you to Authorize Labor Sync as a Web Service. In the Click OK.
- QuickBooks will ask you to grant permission to your QuickBooks information. Select "Yes, always allow access even if QuickBooks is not running", then click Continue.
- In the QuickBooks Web Connector, enter your Labor Sync password in the password field, and check the box to the left of Labor Sync, then click Update Selected. It is recommended that Auto-Run be left un-checked and disabled.
Note: Labor Sync will only synchronize with QuickBooks in single-user mode. Please save your work and switch to single user mode before synchronizing. You may switch back to multi-user mode once the synchronization is complete.
Once QuickBooks has been synchronized, you can link employees within Labor Sync.
Next Step: "Linking and Importing QuickBooks Items"