In order to export time to QuickBooks, Labor Sync employees must be linked with QuickBooks Employees. Employees and customers can be linked, Added to QuickBooks, or Imported into Labor Sync. You may use the linking and import pages to make assignments all at once. Alternatively, QuickBooks information for individual Employees and Jobs may be managed in the Employees and Jobs tabs. Employees and Jobs in Labor Sync may only be linked to one employee or customer in QuickBooks.
- Make sure you have already Synchronized with QuickBooks.
- From the Reports page, click on Export to QuickBooks near the reports options.
- Click on the Link and Import Items button.
- After linking or adding Labor Sync jobs and employees to QuickBooks, you may import any QuickBooks customers and employees into Labor Sync.
- All linked employees require you to designate whether exported time data will be used for pay checks.
- Employees may be linked to QuickBooks employees by selecting a name next to the employee.
- Adding an employee to QuickBooks requires a unique name. Adding an employee to QuickBooks requires a synchronization for the changes to take effect.
- Selecting a default payroll wage item will make it easier to export time data for employees whose time is used to create pay checks.
- Jobs may be linked to QuickBooks customers and jobs by selecting a name next to the job.
- Adding a job to QuickBooks as a customer requires a unique name. Adding a job to QuickBooks requires a synchronization for the changes to take effect.
- A job may be added as a QuickBooks Job by selecting a parent customer or QuickBooks job.
It is good practice to synchronize with the QuickBooks Web Connector after making changes to QuickBooks linking and options within Labor Sync. When your employees and jobs have been linked and synced, you may export time to QuickBooks.
Next Step: "Exporting Time Data to QuickBooks"